"Best in Show" is an easy way to get kids excited about showing off their skills or projects, and it fits into any party theme.
Time Length60 minutes or more
Space NeededSmall (a clearable open space the size of a 1-car garage), Medium (a clearable open space the size of a 2-car garage)
1. Begin by selecting the type of show you plan to create. Let's say it's a "Car Show."
2. Pass out all the materials for children to make their own personalized cars. You could go to a hobby/craft store and buy cardboard, ceramic, or hobby cars for children to put together and decorate.
3. Once the children are finished constructing their cars, display them in a "showroom."
4. Each child should make a label for their car with their name and the name of the car as well as any information about what the car can do.
How to Play
1. Ask all the participants to walk around the showroom with a voting card in hand. (This should be a slip of paper with a space for each participant to write their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winning choices)
2. Participants as well as parents can walk around the show room and select a winner in each category.
3. Once all the votes have been tallied, have an awards show to announce the winners.
4. Each winner should receive an award.
1. Any thing that can be created can be turned into a "Best in Show" game: house show, mask show, butterfly show, jewelry show, car show, etc.
2. You can also use "Best in Show" to have an animal show. Children at the party act as pets and pet owners to show off various animal tricks. Which is the most obedient dog, or cutest kitten?