This is a great activity to accentuate any science, Halloween, wizard, or witches party! Children become little magicians or scientists by mixing a few household materials together to create a magnificent bubbling brew.
Time Length15 - 30 minutes
Space NeededSmall (a clearable open space the size of a 1-car garage)
1. Designate one plastic bowl per child or (at least) every 2-3 children.
2. Provide each child/group with plastic tablespoons as well as the materials.
3. If possible, cover the tables as the mixing of the brew can get a bit messy!
How to Play
1. Pour a few tablespoons of vinegar into the bowl.
2. Add a few drops of food coloring until the vinegar takes on a nice color.
3. Add a few tablespoons of baking soda.
4. Pass the baking soda around so each child gets a chance.
5. Watch the magic unfold!