This silly relay race will keep everyone laughing from start to finish! All you need are two groups of children and a banana (or any other passable object).
AgePreschool, School-age, Tweens, Teens
Number of Players5 to 10, 10 to 20, 20+
Team DivisionTeamwork! (divide into teams)
CompetitivenessCompetitive (has winners and losers)
DifficultyAttention, please! (a few rules to follow)
Indoor or OutdoorEither
Space NeededMedium (a clearable open space the size of a 2-car garage), Large (gym, outdoor field, reception hall)
Mess FactorClean and tidy
Prep Time5 minutes or less
Game Time Length15 - 30 minutes
1. Divide the group into two or more teams of no more than 6 people per team.
2. Team members should line up one behind the other.
How to Play
1. The first person in each team is handed the fake banana to place under their chin.
2. Using only their chin, they have to pass it to the person behind them, so that person now has it secure under their chin.
3. When the banana makes it to the end of the line, the last person runs to the front and begins the passing again.
4. This time it is passed via the armpit! Again no hands can be used.
5. Play continues with the last member running to front and passing each time with a different body part.
6. Use elbows, wrist, pinkie fingers, followed by their knees, ankles and finally toes!
7. The first team to complete passing the banana with all of their various body parts wins!
1. Use a balloon if you don't have a fake banana.
2. You can also other types of fake fruit.
3. Even a can of hairspray might work! Basically anything that is long and lightweight.
If the item drops on the floor, that's ok! The child can simply pick it up and try again.