Dance party time, only with one hitch! This simple game is easy to pick up and fun enough to keep kids entertain.
AgePreschool, School-age, Tweens, Teens, Adults
Number of Players5 to 10, 10 to 20, 20+
Team DivisionBuddy up (pairs of two)
DifficultyEasy peasy (fun and simple)
Indoor or OutdoorEither
Space NeededMedium (a clearable open space the size of a 2-car garage)
Mess FactorClean and tidy
Prep TimeNo prep time needed!
Game Time Length15 - 30 minutes
1. Divide the group into pairs. If you have an extra person, they can be responsible for yelling out different body parts to make the game more interesting. This person can be named the "Dance Director"
2. Pairs should spread out so that they have enough space between them to dance in very awkward and interesting ways.
3. Provide each pair with a balloon to share.
How to Play
1. Start playing music and instruct the dancing pairs to begin dancing with the balloon held between their foreheads.
2. Dancing pairs are not to touch or move the balloon with their hands, or any other part of the body. Only the body part selected by the "Dance Director" can interact with the balloon.
3. The pairs have to work together and try their best to continue to dance without dropping the balloon. If they drop the balloon, no biggie! They just pick it up, put it in the correct spot, and continue to jive away!
4. At any point, the "Dance Director" can shout out a different body part for the balloon to be held by. Elbows, knees, shoulders... all are a ton of fun and provide intense laughter!
5. There are no winners in this game, just pure fun!
1. You can play that pairs that drop the balloon are "out" if you have a competitive group.