It's time to bundle up! In this wacky relay, players wrap themselves up in a ridiculous amount of layers to protect themselves from the frosty elements!
AgeSchool-age, Tweens, Teens
Number of Players5 to 10, 10 to 20, 20+, As many as you can handle!
Team DivisionTeamwork! (divide into teams)
CompetitivenessCompetitive (has winners and losers)
DifficultyEasy peasy (fun and simple)
Indoor or OutdoorEither
Space NeededMedium (a clearable open space the size of a 2-car garage), Large (gym, outdoor field, reception hall)
Mess FactorClean and tidy
Prep Time5 - 10 minutes
Game Time Length5 - 15 minutes
1. Gather all the jackets and sweaters in the room. Make sure no one has any keys or valuables in their pockets. Make a pile on one side of the playing area.
2. Divide the group into teams. Set teams on the opposite side of the coat pile.
3. Choose one person on each team to be the "Adventurer." The adventurer will be wearing all of the articles of clothing.
How to Play
1. On "Go!" the first person runs up, grabs a coat, runs back and puts it (correctly) onto the adventurer (other team members may help with dressing the adventurer).
2. Once it is completely on (zipped up, buttoned, etc.), the next person runs to the pile, grabs another sweater or jacket and repeats the process.
3. Play continues until there are no more coats, or the adventurer is so bundled up that no more coats will fit.
4. Remove the coats and sweaters from the adventurer. Keep a count on the number of pieces removed.
5. The team with the most articles wins!
6. When you're all done, return all coats, sweaters, etc. to their owners.
1. Add other winter gear - hats, scarves, mittens, woolen socks, etc.
1. Watch out for lice! If there has been an outbreak at your school, this is not a game you want to play.
2. When dressing your adventurer be gentle. No rough housing with your poor adventurer!