Fashion Statement is an easy, no-prep game where one person leaves the room and changes something small about their appearance (e.g. removes a bracelet or changes their shoes) and the crowd has to figure out what's different.
AgePreschool, School-age, Tweens, Teens
Number of Players5 to 10, 10 to 20, 20+
Team DivisionAll together now! (everyone works together)
DifficultyAttention, please! (a few rules to follow)
Indoor or OutdoorEither
Space NeededSmall (a clearable open space the size of a 1-car garage)
Mess FactorClean and tidy
Prep TimeNo prep time needed!
Game Time Length15 - 30 minutes
1. Select one person to be the fashionista.
2. Have everyone else seated facing the fashionista.
3. Outside of the room should be a dress up trunk, or piles of clothes, accessories, and other subtle items that the fashionista can add to his/her appearance.
4. Decide on the number of changes the fashionista is supposed to make to their appearance so the group knows how many to look for.
How to Play
1. The fashionista will stand up and allow the group to examine his/her appearance for a minute or so.
2. The fashionista will then go outside and change/alter something about their appearance. Mess up his/her hair, move the belt, add a clip or bracelet. (Changing/altering however many items were decided upon.)
3. The fashionista then walks back into the room, and the group has to name the alterations.
4. Game repeats with a new fashionista.
1. The fashionista's appearance can be altered, items added, or items taken off. Make sure those rules are clear, prior to changing the game. Some participants will get upset if they learn that a rule was present they were not aware of.
2. You can also narrow down or eliminate some of these options to make the game less challenging.