The character of Hanukkah Harry might have started as a modern, tongue-in-cheek creation, but he's still beloved by children! After all, he's a friendly bearded man in long robes who bears gifts! Here are some tips to bring his festive spirit to your gathering.
AgeToddler, Preschool, School-age, Tweens
Number of Players3 to 4, 5 to 10, 10 to 20
Team DivisionEvery man for himself (individual players)
DifficultyEasy peasy (fun and simple)
Indoor or OutdoorEither
Space NeededSmall (a clearable open space the size of a 1-car garage)
Mess FactorClean and tidy
Prep Time10 - 20 minutes
Game Time Length15 - 30 minutes
1. Load up Hanukkah Harry's robe with little trinkets: candy coins, tops, little balls, packs of crayons, puzzles, etc.
2. Have Hanukkah Harry dress with a fake beard (optional) and robe.
3. Have Hanukkah Harry in a place where he is easily accessible to all.
How to Play
1. Have Hanukkah Harry circulate around the room, or stand in one place where children can find him.
2. As children approach have Harry ask them to tell him a joke, do a little performance, or sing a little song.
3. Harry will then give a gift from one of his pockets, according to how he rates the performance.
1. Make sure that Harry is fun, friendly, and non-threatening. Harry should be warm and inviting.
2. Everyone should get a prize... even if the jokes are bad!