This is a physical game full of hiding, running, sneaking, and snitching. Players vie to be the first one to kick over a centrally located bottle! If you have a large indoor or outdoor space this is a spectacular game that is appropriate for a variety of ages.
AgeSchool-age, Tweens, Teens
Number of Players5 to 10, 10 to 20, 20+
Team DivisionEvery man for himself (individual players)
CompetitivenessCompetitive (has winners and losers)
DifficultyAttention, please! (a few rules to follow)
Indoor or OutdoorEither
Space NeededExtra large (football field, warehouse)
Mess FactorClean and tidy
Prep TimeNo prep time needed!
Game Time Length15 - 30 minutes
1. A bottle is placed on the ground in a highly visible, central area.
2. A space near the bottle is designated as "out". (About 5-10 feet from the bottle but out of the way - you can mark this with a hula hoop, cones, sweatshirt, tree, etc.)
3. One person is selected to be "it."
How to Play
1. One person is selected to be "it".
2. "It" stands over the bottle and counts to 20 while everyone else hides.
3. Upon reaching 20, "It" begins searching for the hidden players.
4. "It" must move at least 3 yards away from the bottle.
5. If "it" sees someone that is hidden, "it" runs back to the bottle, stands over it, and yells "Over the bottle" - then says the persons name. For example: "Over the bottle - Nick."
6. Nick then has to come out of hiding and stand in the designated "out" area. From this spot, Nick can shout out clues to the other hidden players letting them know where "it" has gone (in essence become a snitch).
7. As "it" ventures away from the bottle to find hidden players, the hidden players try to run to the bottle and kick it over. If they are able to make it to the bottle and knock it over before "it" makes it back to the bottle to call them out, they win the game.
8. If "it" does see a hidden player running towards the bottle but is able to run back and stand over the bottle first, calling the name of the hidden player, that player is out and has to stay in the "out" area.
7. The first person to kick over the bottle wins the game and becomes the new "it."
1. The hidden players are allowed to move around. They want to find a hiding spot that allows them to see "It" in order to determine the best time to "Make a run for the bottle."
2. Players that are "out" can really make a difference in the game by shouting clues and hints to those players that are hiding. For example: " "It" is away from the bottle, run now!" or "Don't run don't run!"