What kid doesn't love pretending to be a puppy? Played as a relay race or just for fun, kids act like pups by rolling their doggy bones (actually balloons) with their noses across the finish line.
AgePreschool, School-age, Tweens
Number of Players5 to 10, 10 to 20, 20+
Team DivisionEvery man for himself (individual players), Teamwork! (divide into teams)
CompetitivenessEither/or (can be played either way)
DifficultyEasy peasy (fun and simple)
Indoor or OutdoorEither
Space NeededMedium (a clearable open space the size of a 2-car garage), Large (gym, outdoor field, reception hall)
Mess FactorClean and tidy
Prep Time5 minutes or less
Game Time Length5 minutes or less
1. With a large group, divide group into teams and run as a relay race. For smaller groups this can be played individually.
2. Designate a starting point and finish line. If you are playing as a relay, the finish line will become the "turn around line" for team members to head back to their teams.
3. Inflate balloons - 1 for each player or team.
4. Line up children at the starting point (either in teams, one behind the other, or for individuals, shoulder to shoulder)
5. Give each player (or team) a balloon.
How to Play
1. On "Go", each player or the first member of each team, gets down on all fours with their balloon!
2. Using only their nose the player rolls the balloon to the finish line (or, if playing as a relay race, to the line and back).
3. For a relay, once the player returns to their team, the next player repeats the action.
4. Play until everyone has gone.
1. This game can be adapted for a Kitty Party, where the kitty is pushing around a "ball of yarn" (balloon).
2. Or a Penguin rolling an egg...
3. A bulldozer pushing dirt...