A version of the popular Cinderella's Shoe game that doesn't lead to those silly-but-embarrassing mixups! All the players' shoes are scattered throughout the playing field. Three (or more) customers are chosen. All of the other players run around trying to find the shoes that will fit the customers.
AgePreschool, School-age, Tweens, Teens
Number of Players5 to 10, 10 to 20, 20+
Team DivisionEvery man for himself (individual players)
CompetitivenessEither/or (can be played either way)
DifficultyEasy peasy (fun and simple)
Indoor or OutdoorEither
Space NeededMedium (a clearable open space the size of a 2-car garage), Large (gym, outdoor field, reception hall), Extra large (football field, warehouse)
Mess FactorClean and tidy
Prep Time5 - 10 minutes
Game Time Length5 - 15 minutes
1. Have everyone take off their shoes and place them side by side in pairs
2. Have the group either close their eyes, or exit the playing area while a facilitator hides the pairs of shoes all around the playing area.
3. When all the shoes are hidden have your group either open their eyes or come back to the playing area.
4. Choose 3 or more customers and seat them in a chairs in the center of the playing field.
How to Play
1. On "go," all of the players (with the exception of the customers) run around finding pairs of shoes.
2. Each player may only present one pair of shoes at a time.
3. Players try the shoes on the 3 customers.
4. If the shoes fit one of the customers, the player is declared the "top salesman" of the day. If not, they may leave the shoes and go in search of other pairs.
5. Keep playing until all 3 customers have their shoes.
1. If you don't have a ton of kids, then you can turn this into a fashion type of game. Hide extra pairs of shoes in various sizes and styles, not just the player's shoes. When a pair of shoes is placed on the customer, have the customer model the shoes, and have everyone decide whether they look good or not.
2. Have players hold onto the shoes they have found. Once the customers have their shoes, replace them with new customers. Start the process again, with each player trying the shoes on the new customers. Keep doing this until everyone has their shoes.
1. No pushing, players should line up to try shoes on their customer.
2. If the shoe doesn't fit on one client, try another.
This helps to work on observation skills, memory skills, and ability to size things.