Who's the sneakiest kid in the group? Find out with Sneak 'N' Steal. Kids inch toward the "it" person to try to snatch their item. But if the it catches you, it's back to the beginning. Be sure to check out the variations below!
AgePreschool, School-age, Tweens, Teens, Adults
Number of Players5 to 10, 10 to 20, 20+
Team DivisionEvery man for himself (individual players)
CompetitivenessCompetitive (has winners and losers)
DifficultyAttention, please! (a few rules to follow)
Indoor or OutdoorEither
Space NeededMedium (a clearable open space the size of a 2-car garage), Large (gym, outdoor field, reception hall)
Mess FactorClean and tidy
Prep TimeNo prep time needed!
Game Time Length15 - 30 minutes
1. One person is chosen to be "it" and given a prize. Let's say a cookie.
2. "It" stands with his/her back to the kids.
3. The kids line up about 20 to 30 feet away (if possible).
4. "It" places the cookie (or other prize) behind his/her back.
How to Play
5. The kids try to sneak up and snatch the prize without "it" detecting.
6. If "it" hears them and turns around, they must freeze.
7. If they accidentally keep moving, they have to start over.
8. Play continues until someone gets the prize. (This can be done in the potato sacks for extra added fun!)
The same rules apply to all variations:
1. "Sneak 'n' Steal the Baby Dino": "it" has a baby dinosaur egg and the other dinosaurs are trying to steal it for lunch.
2. "Sneak 'n' Steal the Magic Wand": an evil magician has the magic wand and the good magicians need to sneak and steal it back. The wand can be a Red Vines licorice or pretzel stick.
3. "Sneak 'n' Steal the Captains Loot": the captain is hoarding the ships treasure. The crew try and sneak up and steal the bag of goodies (candy or jewels).
4. "Sneak 'n' Steal the Carrots": a perfect variation for Easter. The farmer has all the carrots and the rabbit and his bunny friends want them.
5. "Sneak 'n' Erupt the Volcano": a WET version of this game! "It" is a volcano. They stand blindfolded holding a filled, wet sponge. At their feet is another filled wet sponge (both stand for hot lava). The rest of the group tries to sneak up, steal the sponge at the volcano's feet and squeeze it on the volcano’s head. HOWEVER, if the volcano hears them, the volcano can squeeze its sponge on the sneaker’s head instead. Perfect for a hot day!
6. "Blind Old Bob": Bob is a horse owner who fell asleep (he is blindfolded) with an apple between his knees. His horses (rest of the group) are in a circle around him and want to steal the apple. If Bob hears them, he neighs loudly and chases them away.