This game of tag is loosely based on the book "Snowmen at Night." Friendly little snowmen run around until the sun comes out to melt them. The best part of this game is watching each snowman's different melting style!
AgePreschool, School-age, Tweens
Number of Players10 to 20, 20+, As many as you can handle!
Team DivisionEvery man for himself (individual players)
CompetitivenessEither/or (can be played either way)
DifficultyEasy peasy (fun and simple)
Indoor or OutdoorOutdoors
Space NeededLarge (gym, outdoor field, reception hall)
Mess FactorClean and tidy
Prep TimeNo prep time needed!
Game Time Length15 - 30 minutes
1. One child is chosen to be the sun.
2. The other kids run around as carefree snowmen.
How to Play
1. The sun runs around trying to "melt" (tag) the snowmen.
2. When they are tagged by the sun, they have to melt into a puddle. How the snowmen melt is half the fun of this game! They can be as silly and creative as they like!
3. Play continues for a timed period, or until all the snowmen melt (if it's a small group).
4. Then a new sun is selected and the game repeats.