- Sophie &Friends
Trying not to laugh when your friends are acting wild and crazy might be the hardest task in the world! There are many variations of this popular game, but the principle is the same - everyone tries as hard as possible to be serious while one person tries as hard as possible to make everyone laugh!
1. One person is selected to be "it"
2. Everyone else stands up in a circle or in a general area.
1. Form a circle and put "it" in the middle
2. Everyone in the circle works their hardest to keep a serious face no matter what "it" does!
3. "It" is going to say, do, act and move in whatever way possible to get the players in the circle to laugh.
4. When someone laughs, they have to sit down.
5. The last person standing gets to become the new "it"
1. "It" has one minute to make as many people laugh as possible. At the end of the minute, another person is selected to be "it." (This works best if you have kids that are really good at being serious. Poor "it" will tire themselves out acting wild for much longer than a minute!)
2. "Poor, poor puddy tat": in this variation, everyone in the circle is a kitty cat. They are all sitting down, and the person in the middle goes around to each kitty cat and says "Poor, poor puddy tat" while also stroking the kitty's head. If the kitty cat starts to laugh, he/she trades places with the person in the middle. The game goes on...
3. "Tiki Statues": at the start everyone stands frozen in a Tiki statue pose. The person selected as "it" goes around "cleaning" the statues with a fuzzy feather duster. "It" uses the feather to get the statues to laugh, giggle, or move. Statues that break their pose must sit down.