1. Children sit in a circle (either at the table or on the floor).
2. One person is designated as the Leader to start the game.
How to Play:
1. The leader whispers some silly phrase (such as “bizarre birthdays are a bit bizarre!”) into the ear of the person sitting next to them.
2. They in turn whisper what they heard to the person next to them, who then whispers it to the person next to them, and so on.
3. Finally the last person will whisper the phrase into the leader's ear. The phrase is then spoken out loud... usually to gales of laughter, since the phrase has often morphed into something far different from the original statement.
4. The leader then selects the next leader.
The direction that the phrase travels doesn't matter as long as it stays the same for each round. Switching it up clockwise and counter-clockwise is fun!
5 - 15 minutes
Easy peasy (fun and simple)
Clean and tidy
Number of Players:
5 to 10
10 to 20
No prep time needed!
Small (a clearable open space the size of a 1-car garage)